Fund Raising (Fr) Working Group
Dear current/former AEGEE members!
I’d like to introduce You the activities of the FundRaising Working Group, I hope You’ll take a
fancy to it and join in the work.
The meetings will be taking place at the AEGEE office every Monday at 3:30 pm.
You can follow the working group’s progress at the email@example.com
mailing list, in case You want to actively join in the work, please sign up on the list on one of
What is the FR again, and what do we do?
As you might know, just as the AEGEE, the AEGEE-Budapest is also operating as a non-
profit, voluntary public benefit organization; our only source of income (besides dues) comes
from our sponsors.
To make it possible to organize further events of high standard we should find more and
more sources like this one and involve them.
We obtain money, product sponsorship and promotional material from our sponsors,
What do we do during the year?
• at job fairs, career expos we present AEGEE to the exhibiting companies and express
that we would be willing to cooperate with them, then we reinitiate the acquired
contact by phone and we search for cooperation opportunities
• before freshmen’s camps, summer universities we are trying to acquire product
sponsorships, in practice, we contact any company that comes to our minds to
• we organize events jointly with our current partners
• we are trying to acquire new long-term sponsors
What makes it worthy for the companies?
• AEGEE-Budapest is the major student organization of Corvinus with more than 300
members, students of tertiary education with a good grasp of languages, that can be
reached through us
• through our mailing list we can contact app. 600-700 people, which can be a good
advertising spot for their job offers
• in case they are organizing a training in cooperation with AEGEE-Budapest, they get
a chance to indirectly present their company to the participants, they can also recruit
• at our camps they can acquaint their products with app. 100 people
What are the goals?
• the goal of FundRaising Working Group is to ensure a stable financial background of
the events of the AEGEE-Budapest, so to by large cover the expenses
• to achieve this, we need many more sponsors, that within the confines of a long-term
cooperation we can get money from
• we could get much more product sponsorship for our events
• we must find out what we are the strongest at and how we can sell it to the
Who can be an FR-member?
• for our working group we need cunning, creative and sober-minded people
• anyone with an appetite for brainstorming, tendering, negotiating with companies